YOU CAN’T SKIP BABY DIAPER AS AN EXPECTANT MOTHER
In this article; I’m going to present to you in bullet format the benefits and things you should know about baby diaper: disposable diapers and cloth diapers.
After and even before successful delivery (new born baby); the next thing is the basic wants for the baby. This is where diapers comes in, before it was napkins, now is diapers of different classes but serve the same purpose.
As expectant mother, you need to stock up on diapers because Babies go through several of them in just one day and you really have only two options: cloth diapers or disposable diapers. This gives people freedom of choice; the former, or the latter.
People also read: Breastfeeding And Storing Breast Milk
Of course, you may have some questions as to which one is better; it all depend on your choice.
CLOTH BABY DIAPER OR DISPOSABLE DIAPER
Cloth diapers are reusable, washable and much cheaper than disposal diapers. However, the demerit is that babies tend to get more rashes with cloth diapers because it doesn’t absorb the wetness as effectively.
On the other hand, there is the disposable diaper aren’t reusable, so needless of washing it, all you need do is dispose them in the garbage bin. It also absorbs wetness really well and is very convenient.
The only disadvantage it brings is that it more expensive. Plus, they take years to biodegrade. For those who are environmentally conscious and aware, this may be a big thing to consider.
What do you base your choice on? No one can really tell you what to do or like. You know what’s best for your baby.
Merit Of Disposable Diapers
- They’re very easy going and convenient. When you need to change your baby’s diaper, all you need to do is rip out the old one and slap on the new.
- They are available practically everywhere and can come in many different sizes and varieties.
- They don’t really leak. The cloth underneath the cotton mesh was designed for absorbency.
- Once your baby has been potty trained, you just stop buying them. You save on space on won’t have too many extras lying around the house.
Demerit Of Disposable Diapers
- You need to dispose of them away from your house or in a seal-tight container. Otherwise, your entire house could smell.
- Disposable diapers take hundreds of years to totally disintegrate. If you are trying to be eco-friendly, then a disposable diaper is certainly out of the question.
- Disposable diapers can be costly. Knowing that babies could go through hundreds, you can calculate your expenses within the first to year to realize just how much you’ll spend.
Let’s now consider the diapers. What benefits will you enjoy? Here are a few:
- They cost less. All you need to do is wash them once you remove them from your baby.
- You can truly call yourself a responsible citizen with you eco-friendly ways.
Also consider the negative; as follows:
- They need constant washing. It could be time-consuming and inconvenient, especially if you’re a working mother.
- They leak and are not as absorbent.
- If you don’t plan to have another baby, you’re basically stuck with a lot of diapers.
Check the online world to see how you can get your hands on one of these. You can make your choice with the points presented above.
People also read: Breastfeeding Bottle Care For Baby